Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd., global leaders in GPS technology, announce the continued partnership with the Wings for Life World Run 2016, a running event that aims to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for spinal cord injury.
After two years in the Cape, SuperSport Park in Centurion will host to the African stop. The Wings For Life World Run takes place in 34 international locations, simultaneously. This means that South Africans will both start and race with thousands of participants from around the world, all running in varying light and weather conditions for one cause – finding a cure for spinal cord injury. 100% of all entry fees globally go to the Wings For Life Foundation, which funds numerous research projects determined to improve treatment for spinal cord injuries and ultimately, find a cure.
All the important entry information
- Date: Sunday 8 May 2016
- Time: Starter gun goes at 13h00 local time
- Venue: SuperSport Park, 283 West Ave & South Street, Centurion
- Entry fee: R250, 100% of which goes to spinal cord research
- Official social hashtags: #Wingsforlife #WorldRun.
To enter as an individual
- Don’t worry. You’re not really running alone, there are thousands of participants all around the world.
- Register for the South African event at http://www.wingsforlifeworldrun.com/za/en/pretoria/.
- Boast about your entry on your favourite social media platform including #Wingsforlife #WorldRun.
- Set your distance goal and start training. Or show up on the day and run for as long you’re able. Either way, you’re bringing the world one step closer to a cure for spinal cord injury.